POSITION: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: E8 Secretariat, Windhoek, Namibia
REPORTS TO: Head: Finance, Grants & Operations
The Elimination 8 is a SADC ministerial initiative, designed as a platform for regional collaboration towards malaria elimination within the SADC region. The eight countries which make up the E8 are Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The Ministerial and Technical Committees of the E8 are supported by an E8 Secretariat, (governed by the E8 Secretariat Board) which coordinates diplomatic and programmatic collaboration between the eight countries. The Secretariat is based in Windhoek, Namibia and is also responsible for coordinating the execution of the Strategic Plan, in partnership with the funding and technical partners of the E8.
The Executive Assistant supports the smooth running of the Executive offices of the E8 Secretariat, including: the E8 Secretariat Board Chair, the E8 Ambassador, the E8 Secretariat Executive Director and the Senior Management team. The role demands diplomacy, tact and flexibility in interactions with both internal and external stakeholders at various levels including: Offices of Government Ministers, Chief Executives of Partner organizations and the E8 Secretariat Board. He/she will be an innovative problem solver, with a strong work ethic, and proven experience in working diplomatically with a wide range of government and private organizations to build and maintain communication channels.
- Prepare remarks, speeches and presentations for high-level engagements for E8 Secretariat Executives
- Manage the official Executive diary, i.e., schedule (and attend as may be necessary) meetings with Senior Officials – including Government, International organisations and partners; (both nationally, regionally and internationally) and ensure that E8 Executives are well prepared for meetings
- Prepare support documents, briefing papers in advance of meetings for ease of reference for E8 Executives
- Prepare quarterly reports on official activities / meetings / engagements performed by E8 Executives
- Track , follow up and manage all official Executive communication on behalf of E8 Executives
- Organise travel logistics for E8 Executives
- Take minutes, prepare action points and follow up on implementation of any decisions taken at relevant meetings
- Maintain a filing system both electronically and in hard copy of Executive engagements
- Provide input towards research as may be required for inclusion in prepared remarks
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by the E8 Executives
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of a degree in Business Administration or related field from a recognised institution
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience co-ordinating or providing day-to-day support to a busy Executive Office, e.g., for a CEO, Head of Regional or International organisation
- Familiar with Diplomatic culture and etiquette
- The candidate must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Experience working with donor-funded projects will be an added advantage
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills. Portuguese is an advantage.
- International working experience or work experience in a role where the incumbent had exposure to international cultures is an added advantage
- Detail-oriented with good organization skills
- Good knowledge of Malaria Elimination in SADC
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of SADC context through experience in various SADC countries is a distinct advantage
- Candidate must be Namibian citizen
Applicants are requested to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 20th, 2019, clearly indicating “Executive Assistant” in the email subject line.