The SADC Malaria Elimination Eight Secretariat (E8 Secretariat) wishes to obtain Profiles from established companies and organisations willing to conduct business with E8 Secretariat in respect of supplying a variety of goods and services. Companies and organisations are requested to submit relevant documents clearly indicating the types of goods and services they wish to be registered to render. Companies that responded to the previous advertisements that appeared on the SADC website in 2018, do not need to resubmit their profile.
1. Pharmaceutical products and health commodities:
– Malaria RDTs and ACTs
– Medical appliances and laboratory equipment
– Refurbished Containers etc
– Motor vehicles and motorcycles
– Information Technology equipment
– Office furniture, fittings and equipment
– Office stationery and general supplies
– Communications equipment
– Gifts and promotional items
– Entomology Equipment
– Refreshments, etc
– Audit services
– Strategic Planning
– HR Consultancy
– IT Software Solutions
– Translation Services (languages)
– Car rental services
– Third Party Logistic services
– Supply of Air tickets, Transportation services and Accommodation
– Supply of decorations and corporate gifts
– Alarm services and Monitoring
– Cleaning Services
– Advertising and Branding
– Design, Printing and publication services
– Database Development and Web Maintenance
– Parcel collection and delivery services
– Provision of short-term training courses, symposiums and workshops
– Interpretation Equipment Hire Services
– Workshop Facilitation Services
– Catering Services
 Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Rather, it represents those goods and services which we are
likely to require.
Interested Suppliers must complete and submit the Supplier’s Registration Form, Annex A of the Call
for Expression of Interest.
The documents outlined below are mandatory in in order to be eligible to participate:
– Supplier Registration Form
– Certified copies of legal Documents:
– Certificate of incorporation/Registration
– Valid trading registration reflecting specific trade/business,
– Valid Tax/VAT Certificate etc.
– Commodities/Products lists and prices
– Company profile (including list of key personnel, qualification, and experience, locations(main office, branches and/or outlets)
– Three business references
– Copy of financial statement for most recent 3 years (main pages of Balance Sheet, Income statement, & Cash Flow statement only ignoring notes). Audited statements preferred if available. [N.B: Small Scale Enterprises/SMEs can submit two months’ bank statements]
E8 Secretariat shall have the right to:
– Ask for clarifications from the potential supplier(s) on any matter for which the E8 Secretariat requires clarification, and
– Reject company profiles which do not adhere to the above
Closing date: NA – ongoing.
Enquiries: Gracia Mlazie (+264) 81 15972819
Submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Procurement and Contracting Office: E8-EOI-001-2019-2021: Selection of Suppliers” in the subject line.
About Elimination 8
The Elimination 8 is a SADC ministerial initiative, designed as a platform for regional collaboration towards malaria elimination within the SADC region. The eight countries, which make up the E8 are Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. These countries are highly interconnected by population movement as well as shared malaria ecologies, making it near impossible for one country to eliminate malaria without collaboration with its neighbours. The Ministers of Health of these eight countries have therefore committed to develop this platform for joint planning and accountability.
Achieving elimination involves the design and meticulous execution of advanced disease and entomological surveillance systems, establishment of capacity for quality diagnosis, and control of parasite movement through the region’s porous borders. The E8 Ministerial and Technical Committees have developed a 5-year strategic plan to develop innovative, high impact programs that will steer the region closer to its goal of zero transmission of malaria by 2030. The E8 Initiative was designed to create an enabling environment for the eight-member states to jointly plan and monitor national and regional activities that are mutually reinforcing, and that accelerate the individual country goals of malaria elimination.
The Ministerial and Technical Committees of the E8 are supported by the SADC Elimination 8 Secretariat (E8 Secretariat), which coordinates diplomatic and programmatic collaboration between the eight countries. The Secretariat is also responsible for coordinating the execution of the Strategic Plan, in partnership with funding and technical partners of the E8. The Secretariat is based in Windhoek, Namibia. The E8S Secretariat Headquarters Office is responsible for E8S Secretariat policies and procedures. It is also responsible for all procurement and contracting actions